Welcome to 1Qual Functional Skills delivered at Level 1 and Level 2. Our Maths & English courses aim to reduce traditional fears and anxieties associated with this subject for the Adult population. We achieve this through running focused online tutorials with no more than 6 learners per class, which we have seen helps to increase the opportunity for questions to be asked and creates a personable environment for your Maths and/or English studies.
As a specialist solution for the provision of Functional Skills Maths and English, 1Qual works as a supporting provider to FE/HE Apprenticeship and Employer Providers. This is achieved through 1Qual running through a Grade 2 Ofsted Registered Training Provider, JM Excellence in Training and ensuring all 1Qual qualification completion pathways offer:
– Provision of apprenticeship-levy funded Functional Skills:
- Tailored provision to recognise existing skill sets and individual needs
- Robust live online reporting for partner Organisation leads
- Flexibility to ensure tutorial attendance aligns with availability
- A reduction in ‘ time off the job’ and an increase in the number of hours Apprentices are building employer relationships
- A cost saving per learner for partner Organisations
- Available to Degree Apprenticeships permitted by regulatory bodies to accept learners on to programme without evidencing Maths and English at the point of application but requiring evidence of their certificates by End Point Assessment (EPA)
- More appealing to applicants as they are offered a place without needing to undertake pre-course training
- Supportive to Degree Apprenticeship recruitment strategies as they are seen to offer a place to applicants and support the completion of Maths and English whilst on programme
- 1Qual offer flexible and efficient completion of FS qualifications and are able to align with periods of reduced workload during an Apprenticeship by way of ensuring completion of required Maths and English does not become overwhelming (e.g. between Apr – Aug of an Apprenticeship lifecycle)
- Once on programme all progress, attendance and completion reports would be sent to Apprenticeship leads by way of supporting future programme audits.
– Provision of AEB funded Functional Skills:
- Available to Degree Apprenticeships who are bound by regulatory bodies to ensure applicants evidence Level 2 Maths & English qualifications at the point of admission
- A cost saving per learner for partner Organisations with no direct cost to central Organisations
We would be delighted to discuss how our specialist completion pathways for Functional Skills may be of support to your exiting Apprenticeship provision.