Welcome to M&E Functional Skills delivered at Level 1 and Level 2. Our Maths & English courses aim to reduce traditional fears and anxieties associated with these core subjects for the Adult population. We achieve this through running focused online tutorials with no more than 6 learners per class, which we have seen helps to increase the opportunity for questions to be asked and creates a personable environment for your Maths and/or English studies.
As specialists in the provision of Functional Skills Maths and English, M&E works as a supporting provider to FE/HE Apprenticeship and Employer Providers. This is achieved through M&E Excellence running through a Grade 2 Ofsted Registered Training Provider, JM Excellence in Training and ensuring all 1Qual qualification completion pathways offer:
– Provision of apprenticeship-levy & AEB funded Functional Skills:
- Tailored provision and course durations to recognise existing skill sets and individual needs
- Robust live online reporting for partner Organisation leads
- Flexibility to ensure tutorial attendance aligns with availability and employer support
- A reduction in ‘ time off the job’ and an increase in the number of hours Apprentices are building employer relationships and existing staff are away from their post
- A cost saving per learner for partner Organisations
- Levy funded provision available to Degree Apprenticeships permitted by regulatory bodies to accept learners on to programme without evidencing Maths and English at the point of application but requiring evidence of their certificates by End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Supportive to Degree Apprenticeship recruitment strategies as they are seen to offer a place to applicants and support the completion of Maths and English whilst on programme
- AEB funded provision available to Training providers servicing growing lists of applicants within partner Employers awaiting M&E qualifications
- Service Level Agreement would be agreed between M&E Excellence and partner Training provider
- No formal sub-contractual deceleration required until provision exceeds £100k within one academic year
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How are Functional Skills courses delivered?
- M&E adopt a rolling programme for the delivery of Functional Skills with all tutorials requiring a commitment from learners to be online for 2 hours per week
- Our rolling programme provides an opportunity for exam ready learners to be entered for assessment every 7 weeks to ensure learners are only on programme for the duration their existing skill set requires
- How long does it take to complete a Maths or English course?
- Learners can be on programme with tutor-led support for up to 18 weeks if required, however, learners can be entered for exam earlier than this if their skill set is sufficient and they are considered exam ready
- M&E run examination windows every 7 weeks so learners who are considered ‘exam ready’ can be entered for exam and complete their qualification in as little as 6 weeks!
- Are re-sit examinations offered and do they cost extra?
- Should the need arise, M&E offer learners the opportunity to re-sit their Functional Skills examination without any additional charge
- How do M&E charge for Functional Skills?
- M&E confirm a working agreement with each partner Organisation and invoices are sent on a monthly basis across the course duration (average 4 months) for each cohort enrolled on to programme
- How does the on-boarding process work?
- Once Apprentices are identified as requiring Functional Skills they are sent a M&E expression of need form which can be sent by the Apprenticeship teams within M&E partner Organisations
- Each Apprentice completes the expression of need form and sends it directly to the M&E enrolment team by way of adhering to GDPR protocols
- Upon receipt of all expression of need forms, the M&E enrolment team will work with each learner to arrange course inductions and start dates
- Is the cost of M&E Functional Skills courses entirely covered by partner Organisation’s Apprenticeship levy?
- M&E are keen to offer each partner Organisation a cost saving for the Functional Skills component of their Apprenticeship provision. In view of this, M&E reduce the cost per qualification in return of larger cohort sizes
- Functional Skills provision is covered entirely from funding available within partner Organisation’s Apprenticeship levy
- Additional costs are only incurred should partner Organisations prefer our remote invigilation option for Functional Skills examinations
We would be delighted to discuss how our specialist completion pathways for Functional Skills may be of support to your exiting provision.