‘If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door’
UK leading online solution for Adult Education within NHS Employers & Higher Education Institutes
To support the widening participation agenda across the UK Health sector, 1Qual was initiated in 2018 to support an increase in opportunities for NHS Employers to further meet workforce development objectives through seeing more existing staff engage with non-clinical Apprenticeships and a higher recruitment rate of part time and non-existing staff on to non-clinical Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
Initiated through a collaboration of Health Education England and NHS Employers who worked extensively with Kieran K & Partners on project plans, and an Ofsted registered Grade 2 RoATP Registered Training Provider, JM Excellence in Training
1Qual offers a solution with a heightened focus on flexibility through adopting an online delivery model and creating an alternative provider of Adult Education tailored to the needs of the Health sector i.e. increasing volume of staff able to engage in CPD through reducing the volume of time away from work and aligning delivery models to shift patterns and job roles.
1Qual has become integral to supporting NHS Employers with the National drive towards creating a ‘home grown’ workforce of the future through increasing the volume of new and existing staff engaging with Apprenticeships through being able to complete over 75% of course tutorials and requirements online
- A heightened focus on flexible learning which helps to reduce time ‘off the job’
- Opportunity for learners to attend a tutor lead session at a time which fits in with the needs of their employer and aligns with sudden changes to shift patterns
- Focused tutorials with no more than 3 in any online session for Functional Skills and 1-2-1 sessions for Traineeship and Apprenticeship training
- Flexibility for Employers as well as learners with regards to tutorial time slots
- Readily available weekly and monthly online reports for primary Apprenticeship Provider and to support Ofsted auditing
- Learners able to attend their allocated tutorial or ‘keep in touch’ session with their tutor at any location and through logging in to their online 1Qual account on any device (smart phone, tablet, laptop, desktop PC)
- Learners able to seek support from assigned weekly tutorial slots and ‘keep in touch’ 1-2-1 sessions when needed for topic clarification or exam anxiety support
What can be completed online?
- Functional Skills Maths and English Qualifications
- Registered sub-contractor for delivery of the Functional Skills component of existing Apprenticeship programmes
- Level 1 Maths and English
- Level 2 Maths and English
- BKSB access for initial assessment & independent learning
- Examination preparation
- Focused training on speaking and listening component of FS English
- Registered 1Qual account for remote access to teaching, learning and individual tutor support
- Non-Clinical Apprenticeship training
- Non-Clinical Traineeships
- Supporting Employers with recruitment of ’employment ready’ Apprentices
- Supporting part time and new staff with CPD opportunities
The online teaching and learning delivered through the purpose built 1Qual teaching platform for Adult Education within the Health sector aims to support Employers as well as new/existing staff through seeing a reduction in time ‘off the job’ and offers Managers more opportunity to enrol staff on CPD courses.
With an average of an 80% achievement rate across all training delivered within the 19/20 academic year, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss how the innovative approach to Adult Education may support both staff and workforce development strategies in response to the COVID 19 pandemic.
How it Works:
Initiative is operationalised through forming a working partnership with a Government Registered Training provider, JM Excellence in Training
The following points provide an outline of how staff & Employers engage with 1Qual courses:
- Partner NHS Employer or HE Apprenticeship Provider having an initial discussion with a 1Qual Account Manager to ensure bespoke provision can be created if needed and to meet the needs of each partner Organisation
- Employers / staff complete the 1Qual learner data record to inform the provider of all core details
- Staff looking to complete their courses complete a learner questionnaire
- Upon completion of the questionnaire, each learner receives an online induction for a course overview and to discuss agreed course start dates and tutorial time slots which best align with existing shift patterns
Who we are
Meet our dedicated and supportive team delivering expert online teaching and guidance to hundreds of NHS staff and HE Apprentices to ensure they achieve their Functional Skills requirements:
Amy Brown – Head of Maths
Peter Robinson – Head of English
Peter Robinson, Head of English, has 15 years’ experience working in the Further Education sector and holds a B.A in English Literature. Alongside this, Peter is a qualified assessor and quality assurer, which means that he sets high standards for his students and works hard to ensure that they are met.
As Peter says “I have had to change career on a number of occasions: From working in construction as a window installer for over twenty years, to delivering glazing apprenticeships and Functional Skills English courses, I believe that learning is for life and that a confident grasp of the English language is the key that opens the door to many development opportunities, both personally and professionally”. When not delivering Functional Skills, Peter spends his time following his favourite football team, reading and lecturing his grown-up sons on the evils of text speak and poor punctuation.
Our valued learners
To discuss how 1Qual can support your new/existing staff and workforce development strategies, contact Kieran Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com