Brief overview of the role
Working in a busy sport and leisure centre or in a local primary school, you will be coaching and delivering community sports sessions and being involved in the general running of the centre with the chance of a potential placement within a primary school for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be employed by Activity for All CIC, based in a busy sports centre you will be responsible for delivering high quality sports coaching sessions to participants of all ages from the youngest children to adults.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Tennis, Football and Multi Sports, although a flair for all sports is required.
Working as part of the team your duties will include:
- You will be expected to plan, deliver and monitor high quality coaching activities which are progressive and reflective of the needs of the participants
- You will also be involved in the day to day running of the centre
- Being involved with creating new community sports projects
You will be assigned one of our tutors who are fully qualified teachers with years of experience in the role you are developing to learn. They will support, supervise and mentor you in every aspect of the work you will be undertaking during the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Good organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work with your own initiative and also as part of a team
- Experience of coaching is essential
- Driving license – desirable not essential
- Full of enthusiasm
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Ambitious – hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model
- Strong sporting background
- Enjoy participating in numerous sports
- Desire to learn
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of A*-C/9-4 grades GCSE (or equivalent qualifications) in English and maths
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Opportunities to gain National Governing Body Coaching Awards
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2
- Plus opportunities to attend additional qualifications (such as first aid)
- Monday – Friday between the hours of 9.00am – 7.00pm. Shifts to be confirmed by the employer.
- Total hours per week: 40.00