Brief overview of the role
An exciting opportunity to work in our Early Years Foundation Stage. To help Blackmoor Park Infant school create a happy, welcoming, safe and stimulating learning community where everyone is included and respected. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
Supporting Development and Learning:
- Develop a positive and supportive relationship with all children in EYFS
- Be aware of the differing needs of children.
- Support the practitioners in delivering effective early years practice
- Assist the room leader with maintaining the children’s records
- Support the children’s’ emotional or behavioural needs and help develop their social skills
- Prepare and present displays of children’s work
- Support room leaders in photocopying and other tasks in order to support their responsibilities.
Standards and Quality Assurance:
- Support the aims and ethos of the nursery
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality, and attendance
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend team and staff meetings
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the head practitioner e.g. Lunchtime supervision
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety
- Flexible and adaptable
- Happy to have experience of working in Early Years and KS1
- Able to communicate clearly and with correct spoken English
- Ability to deliver programmes and sessions in 1:1 and small groups under the direction of the room leader
- Keen to support learning through play
- Willing to accept direction and advice and act on it
- Enthusiastic and keen to be part of a team
- Interest in SEN and/or Early Years provision
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- Level of maturity with working in a EYE setting will be required
- Ambitious – hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Training to be provided
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Monday – Friday, between the hours of 07:00 and 18:00 (to be confirmed).
Total hours per week: 40.00