We’re looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in the Activity for All centre, Arrowe Park. We want someone who:
- Will be a great sporting role-model for our children.
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities
- Can organise and run sport and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages.
- You will be expected to organise and lead after school activities for infant and junior aged children making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
We will help you to develop your skills working with children and in being part of the wider team.
- Strong sporting background
- Experience of coaching/working with children
- Good organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to work with and inspire young people
- Hard working
- Professional attitude
- Mature approach – able to recognise roles and boundaries within a school setting
- Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Level 2 qualification in sport/PE/activity leadership or equivalent.
This role would be ideal for someone who either wanted to move into sports coaching with children & young people
Things to consider
The successful candidate will have to have a successful enhanced DBS check before taking up the position. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £4.30ph. However depending on experience this hourly rate may increase. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.