Duties and responsibilities will include:
Supporting Development and Learning:
- Develop a positive and supportive relationship with all children in EYFS
- Be aware of the differing needs of children.
- Support the practitioners in delivering effective early years practice
- Assist the room leader with maintaining the children’s records
- Support the children’s’ emotional or behavioural needs and help develop their social skills
- Prepare and present displays of children’s work
- Support room leaders in photocopying and other tasks in order to support their responsibilities.
Standards and Quality Assurance:
- Support the aims and ethos of the nursery
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality, and attendance
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend team and staff meetings
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the head practitioner e.g. Lunchtime supervision
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety
Requirements and prospects
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience of working in Early Years
- Able to communicate clearly and with correct spoken English
- Ability to deliver programmes and sessions in 1:1 and small groups under the direction of the room leader
- Keen to support learning through play
- Willing to accept direction and advice and act on it
- Enthusiastic and keen to be part of a team
- Interest in SEN and/or Early Years provision
- Smart appearance
- Professional attitude
- Level of maturity with working in a EYE setting will be required
- Ambitious – hard working
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
About St Michaels Catholic Primary School:
We have an excellent team of staff who are all totally committed to ensuring every child in our care receives the best possible education in an exciting, happy, safe and secure environment. One thing that is always at the top of our agenda is the high quality of teaching and learning for the children. And the children’s well-being is at the heart of every decision we make.
We love celebrating the achievements and successes of all our children – you will be able to see some of these on this website. We firmly believe in working in partnership with parents/carers, the parish and wider community to ensure we achieve the very best for all our children.