St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School is a one form entry Voluntary Aided School.
- Working within a Primary school full-time as a Teaching Assistant
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Be involved in displays and preparing resources
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies
- Working with children aged 4 – 11 years
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Competent skills in numeracy, literacy and ICT
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
- Smart appearance
- Desire to be a positive role model to young people
- Professional attitude
- Ambitious – hard working
Training to be provided:
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
GCSE or equivalent in English & Maths at grades C or above is preferred.