As an Adult Education Tutor/IQA, you will be responsible for the administration, preparation and assessment of the Gym Instructing and Personal Training qualifications, including the delivery of training sessions, up to and including level 3. The training and assessment of learners will vary across all role levels and areas of the business and cover a spectrum of topics. You will be expected to continually monitor and review your learners, provide feedback and assist with action planning to promote their learning and development.
You will teach and assess learners to the required standard, whilst ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed and as well as participating in the planning and implementation of induction and assessment, ensuring that all programmes are developed and enhanced as appropriate.
- Supporting learning and development of all learners in line with specific needs
- Delivering training/teaching sessions, relevant to areas of the programme.
- Visiting learners in the workplace, teaching and assessing them as part of their programme to ensure the successful outcome in line with contractual requirements and targets.
- Prepare, agree, and review assessment plans with each learner. Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted timely.
- Visit learners within the workplace to provide support, prepare action plans, undertake assessments and provide feedback on performance.
- Efficient and effective operation of the teaching and assessment process in line with OTLA/IQA policy relating to the requirements of the awarding organisation representatives and End Point Assessment requirements.
- Carry out reviews with apprentices ensuring all party involvement.
- Carry out interim and exit reviews
- Assist with development of the provision to ensure the programme is up to date.
- Promote apprenticeships, with employers including encouragement of progression routes.
- Maintain knowledge of funding streams and eligibility criteria.
- Undertake Health and Safety checks for learners on programme.
- Ensure the full embedding of all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirement (including Safe Learner Concept) are complied with and all learners are given fair access to assessment.
- Ensure the full embedding of Fundamental British Values into all teaching practice
- Maintain employer relationships.
- Take part in and monitor the QA process
- Monitor and maintain sample plans and learner progress.
- Prepare for all external visits from Awarding Organisations.
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
- Attend and participate in meetings, as required.
- Maintain annual record of CPD, minimum 30 hours (pro rata).
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and good housekeeping
- Additional duties appropriate to the post as directed by your line manager
- Previous experience of working as a Technical Expert/Tutor/Assessor
- An assessor qualification, D32/33, A1 or TAQA Level 3
- IQA qualification, D34, V1 or TAQA Level 4
- Teaching or Training qualification, PTLLS or Level 3 Awarding in Education and Training
- L3 Personal Training Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of writing, planning, and delivering training sessions
- Full, clean driving license
- Current enhanced DBS
- Teaching or Training qualification, CTLLS, Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, PGCE
Job Type: Part Time, 3 days per week (0.6)
Salary: £24,000 to £25,000 Pro Rata